When we got home from our week-long trip, one of the first things I did when I fired up my computer was to download the photos my sister-in-law e-mailed me of their completely finished couch.
The posts detailing this project can be found here and here, but here's a quick run-down: My lovely brother and his lovely wife life in Salt Lake City (about 5 hours from me) and owned a not-so-lovely couch. They wanted to save it and I agreed to help. I spent about 4 1/2 days at their place re-upholstering said couch.
The old seat cushion covers came back home with me and got torn apart and used to make the new ones.
I sewed them up a couple of weeks ago, mailed them back, then all I could do was hope and pray they'd fit the actual cushions and await news.
Here's the result.
My trusty assistant, Molly.
And a close-up of the beautiful fabric they chose. Photos don't do it justice because you just have to feel how soft it is!
I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how the whole thing turned out. Now let's wrap up with a proper "Before and After".