Friday, May 6, 2011

Before and After: Bedside Tables and a School Desk

My friend, Amy, is working on transforming a side table by painting it a beautiful aqua blue. I LOVE the way it looks already, but I know she's not done with it. It will get some distressing and maybe even some glaze, which will just send it over the top. Seeing her table project reminded me that I have a couple of blue tables of my own to share with you.

I picked up this pare of dated bedside tables at a yard sale a few weeks ago and knew instantly that they wanted to be blue. They spoke to me, you know.

They were tired of being dirty and white with cruddy gold trim. They wanted to stand out and be beautiful again.

Even the insides of the drawers wanted some attention.

With the help of my favorite Robin's Egg blue paint, brown glaze and some adhesive contact paper from Target, those nightstands got what they asked for.

I reused the original hardware because it was pretty and already had that authentic distressed look.

Unfortunately I didn't get any better shots than this because I was literally packing them into my car to take them to the store when I realized I hadn't taken any "after" pictures. I sure hope somebody likes them as much as I do.

Here's another quick little project I did one afternoon. This old wooden desk once sat in a local school and was found at another yard sale the same weekend I picked up the nightstands.

Much as I love warm, worn wood, this desk really needed a whole new look. It begged for it, even.

It wanted to be red. Doesn't it just looks so much more cheerful now?

No comments: